Job purpose: The “Press Officer” position will be in charge of the communications activities reporting directly to the Secretary-General.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Coordinate media relations (including writing press releases and organising media relations);
- Coordinating the internal communications of the association;
- Manage the CEJA online presence:
- Maintenance of CEJA website
- Maintenance of social media presence
- Contribute to the development and implementation of targeted communications and public awareness campaigns;
- Monitor news on agriculture and relevant issues;
- Write official speeches and position papers and support key publications (Annual Report, Declarations, etc.);
- Proofreading in English language;
- Coordinating with the rest of the team on communication projects;
- Support the organisation of events including conferences, seminars and working groups;
- Taking minutes during the internal meeting with Member Organisations;
- Supporting the team in any other projects.
Essential selection criteria include:
- A university degree in communications, journalism or political sciences;
- 2 years of relevant experience in similar positions in communications, press/public relations or corporate/NGOs communications;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – English native speaker level, other languages are an asset, preferably French;
- Creative and strategic thinking and writing abilities;
- Computer literacy, familiar with HTML and website maintenance;
- Familiarity with digital tools and social media;
- Ability to work within a team in a multi-cultural, international and multidisciplinary environment;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and agriculture matters are an advantage.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by the 19th of July.
Please note that due to a large number of CVs only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.